Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

I ONLY WONDER !

Sina16

Sina16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi,

How are you dear friends

I recived this nice poem from one of my dear friends who has leaved it as a comment in my post,he had asked me just to hear it,when i hear the nice voice of a child & the verses of the poem ,I decided to write the verses based on the voice & open a new blog & post to share it with all of you, hope you enjoy it & think more :

All your armies,

All your fighters,

All your tanks

And all your soldiers ,

Against a boy

Holding a stone,

Standing there,

All alone,

In his eyes,

I see the sun,

In his smile,

I see the moon

And I wonder

I only wonder,

Who is weak!?

And who is strong!?

Who is right!?

And who is wrong!?

And I wish

I only wish Is that, the truth has a tongue!

please listen  to this:

http://www.boycott-awakening.com/dl/128/fake_album/03%20My%20Only%20Wish%20(Interlude)%20[feat.%20Musarrat%20Karim].mp3

regards

11:55 AM Nov 21 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

How are you dear friendWobblyJoe?

Thanks a lot for your comment which you left on this post.

As your comment is long and I like to answer all of your sentences based on my poor English knowledge and … so let me to write part by part:

“If my children fight, it’s only because my wife and I are already dead. These aren’t brave children, this is just sad. My opinion only.”

Agree, but how much do you know about the parents of those children? Are you sure their parents are alive? Are you sure they aren’t in any jail? Are you sure they aren’t as disabled war and …,of course none of us haven’t been like them so we can’t guess what would happened if we had fight with occupiers of our beloved homeland.be sure all people in any age will fight in that situation.

“And we spank our children. Supposedly we are the last civilized people to do so. I guess we could stop and spank yours if you wanted us to.”

Spanking are used to teach a valuable thing to children, in this case as the Palestinians children know their lessons as well as they need (fighting with their enemies), no need to spank by others. They know what to do and no one can spank them to knock off their duty which is fighting to take back their beloved homeland. Of course they know it is dangerous and it has its own cost, so they are ready to pay it even by their valuable holy bloods. They are the bravest ad talented children in the world and they don’t need any spank to do their holy duty, sure it is sad but what they can do? Who will take back their homeland if they don’t do that? They should to do something instead of sitting and waiting for no ones who are unknown and won’t come …

“The tank is Isreali but I’d think the idea of an Isreali spanking your children would be even more offensive. And wasn’t David the Jew? I thought Goliath was the Phillistine? Let me know on that one.”

If any occupiers torture or kill any of them it doesn’t called spanking. It is exactly a crime. And they are proud of their children who have fought with their enemies and have been killed or hurt by them.

next comment please

Sina

09:52 PM Aug 17 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

As your comment is long and I like to answer all of your sentences based on my poor English knowledge and … so let me to write part by part:

“And wasn’t David the Jew? I thought Goliath was the Phillistine? Let me know on that one.”

Let me say, it wasn’t and still isn’t a religious war, so all of us respect all religions and the followers of them. If you should fight with a Christians who have killed your child or any other of your relatives, we shouldn’t call it is a religious war because someone is Jew and another is Christian. In fact the problem is ,some people who weren’t and still aren’t the true symbols of their religion decided to occupy a homeland of others and they killed many people in achieve their aim. Right now you can’t find all Jews like them; they are not beloved even in all Jews communities or parties. About the fighting between David and Goliath let me say: David was the prophet from God and wanted to be winner the war from God and God helped him to be the winner, of course we respect all religions and prophets but as I said before it isn’t religious war.

“Did you even notice that NONE of these children have fear or pain on their faces?”

Agree, they believe in their destiny.

“Did you even notice that NONE of these children have fear or pain on their faces? I think the soldiers are being remarkably patient. They aren’t even trying to hurt them. Even the kid in the neck hold isn’t suffering.”

As I said before, there are a lot of documents that shows those solders aren’t like what you think. The people can’t judge based on my or your thinking, they judge based on the truth and documents. If someone look at them can find out how suffering they have had in their life which make them to fight with just a rock in their hands against their enemies. They have been and still are in full of pain in their lives and it called suffering itself in any dictionary. No need to anything else to show how they are under pressure of occupying!!

next comment please

Sina

09:52 PM Aug 17 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

“The adults in these childrens lives are no better than the people who used children to fight in Africa or the Iraq/Iran war. I know you think it heroic, I find it disgusting. Again, my opinion only,”

As I said before who is fighting to take back beloved homeland in any war which you mentioned is a hero and he/she is doing the most valuable job in the world, in this case we can’t compare them with labors. Of course you are free to think what you want, but the truth isn’t always what you think.

Have a nice time

Sina

09:54 PM Aug 17 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Yep, lots of excuses why your children fight, none of them good. Any child can be convinced to do anything. Big deal. As long as the parents send the children how can we not wonder about the parents? As for who first put their childrens’ necks on the block, that’d have to be the parent (or whatever adult is responsible, these kids don’t feed themselves). The one that should have said “don’t go outside, there are tanks on our street today”. You don’t see grown men throwing rocks, you see them telling the children to do so. No, it doesn’t impress that those who send children to fight on their behalf have excuses, I am from a people who made excuses for slavery. Anyone can make excuses. The Chinese man standing down a tank was impressive, as an adult he actually understands the power of a tank. These are children. No more or less in control of their fates than the child soldiers of Uganda.  And the tactics used for the last 60 years haven’t accomplished very much towards your goal of freeing Qud. Your goal is now in it’s third generation, not only for you but for us. You’ve been killing people since my grandparents time, and they’ve been killing yours. We know you have excuses.  Our species should be past violence but you can never expect the strong to tolerate violence of the weak. If you don’t want violence, stop throwing rocks.

Think what you want. Where you see heroes I see children. My nation killed thousands of children just like them in Germany at the end of that war. So did Russia. They came to fight and they died as dead as anyone. They should have been home helping their precious homeland rebuild after the destruction of occupation, instead they fed the worms. What a loss with no hope of victory to have made it more than a foolish hollow gesture. If your people are so brave, where are the adults?  As for the Isreali’s killing them, what idiot let their kid throw rocks at a tank? Of COURSE the children want to fight. the Hitler youth were fearless, most children are fearless that’s why they go fight. It’s up to the adults to have the wiser heads. The reason this bothers me is you put the Isreali’s in a no win situation. They can kill your children or surrender, by YOUR choice. You gamble the lives of your children. I am still disgusted by it.  And the word I mentioned doesn’t apply to the CHILDREN, they are indeed as brave as only a child who is too young to know life can be, the word applies to their snivelling parents who send them out to do the work of adults. Still just my opinion, these could be among the worst parents on the planet.

No nation on Earth is OWED a homeland. What an idea. Every single square metre of Europe has been conquered repeatedly, the same with North America and all of Africa. If you can’t hold your own land and can’t come to peace with those who do then perhaps you need to work on keeping your culture separate from your land, like nearly the entire rest of the world does to some degree or other. Teaching your children to fight stupidly is nothing to be proud of, and throwing rocks at tanks is stupid.  That child won’t even chip the paint. Yet if that gunner touches the trigger that child will disappear in a red mist and be gone to you forever. What will he build then? How will he benefit your ‘homeland”? You trust your enemies far more than we would ever trust ours.

10:09 PM Aug 17 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

My nation had slaves for hundreds of years. You guys aren’t slaves. Nope. Check American history about what a slave actually is. Or do they sell your children, rape your women for sport and force labor from you too? Then mutilate, castrate or execute you if you even picked up the rock to throw? Compared to how the oppressed were treated here, in China, in Russia, in Cambodia, in Uganda, in so many more countries on earth, the Isreali’s have been pretty patient. The Khmer Rouge had killed more people than there are palistinians long before 60 years had past. Same wiht all the others. The biggest prize in Jerusalem is still the Dome of the Rock. And that real estate is still yours. This determination to control Qud or destroy the planet isn’t too fair to the rest of the planet.  Sorry for the length, I find people putting children in danger for political purposes irritating no matter who does it or why.

11:51 PM Aug 17 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

Dear WobblyJoe !

Thanks for your message, and really really sorry for delay to replying.(I have limited time to do something like this and of course it helps me to improve my English knowledge)

I respect your worriesand concerning about the children and so on… of course there are many valuable things in the world which a child must do and… but as you know, security and having or making a secure place to live is more important than just do some ordinary things like what any children in the world do, as all of us know, lives are impressible from the environments ,so each people should live with their own environment problems or something to live, the most important problem in that area is occupations, so they have to try to solve their first problem to make a secure place to do their ordinary stuff like any other children in the world.

What I said Not only weren’t their excuses but also they were and still are their strong logical reasons to do what they think is a good way to fight with their armed enemy, be sure if they had or even have some weapons like what their enemies have ,they will use them against their enemies, and no need to throw rocks against tanks and…, as you see, it is not a fight, in fact it is a symbol to show they don’t want to forget their tough situation in their homeland which has occupied by their enemies.

I think it is not a good excuse for anyone that he/she must be calm because his/her enemy is armed and he/she doesn’t have enough weapons to fight against it, the philosophy of taking back their homeland is more powerful than to be calm in any situations.as I said before they don’t tired of fighting because they have been and still are feeling all of pains under pressure of living in an occupied homeland in every seconds of their lives(no need their adults send them to throw rocks or … they do what they think is useful and they can do them …). So there is no way to be calm because it may doesn’t have much benefits at the right time. They must not to be tired of their efforts at all to achieve their holy goal, like an ant which may go up on a wall many times to go into his nest. NEVER SAY NEVER.

And it depends on your philosophy of living which may you to be calm in these situations, to these kinds of people; death is more valuable thing than living under the pressure of Occupiers. So we can’t think they are wrong because they are fighting for nothing or … (the philosophy of living is huge different from a materialist philosophy here.) when you face a holy reason to fight,it is not gambling at all, it is exactly winning the holy things in future sooner or later.

Tanks are tanks but philosophy of braveness is stronger than them. This kind of fighting will teach them how to be brave and don’t forget their holy rights to take back their homeland in future as soon as they can get enough weapons. Some of the adults including their parents were some ones who fought against one of the most powerful armies in the world (based on what they claim themselves) in 2006(lebonon) and 2008 (gaza),  and they weren’t the loser of those wars at all ,so their parents have been and still are in action in real situations as well.

If their grandparents  had rights to fight to keep their homeland and it was their absolute right to do, Fighting to take back what they have lost, is as valuable as it, in fact the fighting  has never stopped  and still don’t stop until they achieve their aim. So being calm and … because you weren’t who have lost the homeland and they were your grandparents who have done that isn’t acceptable excuse for them.

Have a nice time

Sina

09:12 AM Aug 25 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

How are you dear PARS BOY?

Thanks a lot for your cool and short message.

Have a nice time.

Sina

09:15 AM Aug 25 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Ok, suit yourself. Throwing rocks doesn’t seem to accomplish much but if it makes you feel good…

Peace is the only answer, you are writing your own destruction on the wall by seeking continual war. I’m not advocating you surrender your position or abandon Palestine. I’m saying violence has pushed you even farther from your goal than you were when this started. And don’t be surprised when these children are older if they aren’t the ones who fire on a tank with an AK seconds before they are killed uselessly. You are teaching them tactics that will get them killed on the modern battlefield. Don’t think your children are braver than ours. But ours study history and know it’s better to live to fight another day than to die as an empty symbol of someone elses freedom. Most everyone loves freedom of some kind, the violence has turned Palestine into a jail. Like it or not, the Isreali’s have the power. If these symbols you use for freedom have no meaning to the Isreali’s then you are only, as we say, preaching to the choir. (doing it for those who already agree with you) It means the children are risking their lives for no other benefit except to make other muslims feel guilty so they’ll give more. This really isn’t unique in history.

The only possible answer the question of how to resist oppression is the examples of Mohandas Ghandi and Martin Luther King. In my opinion, governments are too powerful for violence to benefit anyone but the well armed.

03:23 PM Aug 25 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

This is what I found on 2006. This is victory to you? Sad.

The conflict is believed to have killed around 1,300 Lebanese people, and 165 Israelis. It severely damaged Lebanese civil infrastructure, and displaced approximately one million Lebanese and 300,000–500,000 Israelis. After the ceasefire, some parts of southern Lebanon remained uninhabitable due to Isreali Cluster Bombs packets.

This is what I found on the 2008 fight, another victory?

The conflict resulted in between 1,166 and 1,417 Palestinian and 13 Israeli deaths (4 from friendly fire).

Although Isreal has a well-trained and well-equiped army that fights like one many times it’s size, it’s simply too small to be a major army. Good try though. Also I noted that Hamas started the first fight, then reneged on it’s promises (like the Iraqi’s) then blamed Isreal when Isreal attacked again. Now, that’s what the media site I looked at said, feel free to correct if that’s incorrect.

reading up on those “wars” brought me to a couple of questions though.

1) Is it even possible for non-Muslims to live in peace with Muslims without submitting to Islam or the destruction of Isreal?

2) If not, then since you state you are only waiting until you are well enough armed to send your trained children to kill, by what logic should the rest of the world protect you?

3) If so, than why can’t you do it?

08:28 PM Aug 25 2012 |