Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Converting to Islam: Would you think of doing it?

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Who would convert to Islam? If so, why?

If not, why not?

If you're already a Muslim, why do you think it's the right religion? Why should one convert?

NOTE: I'm not a Muslim. I'm just interested to hear the different thoughts on the topic.

10:38 PM Jan 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

javamanju

javamanju

India

done

05:24 AM Jan 30 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@goaway

Hinduism after the Hindus

Hinduism is a word coined by western philosophers. The actual name of religion follwed in India is Sanarana Dhrama, meaning "eternal Law" (there is no equlent word to "Dharma" in any other languages except Indian languages. The closest that come is "Law"). The Gita contains Laws to submit once self to God. and explains the cycle of life and death.

Technically according to sanatana dhama, god himself comes down to earth (gita is work of god in the form of krishna)

05:31 AM Jan 30 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Nice to see all the comments here. this is way better thab  telling how many people converted,

Also what is more important,

Following a religion or conversion?

A person may follow islam, but what if he chooses not to convert? whil he be considered muslim?

05:36 AM Jan 30 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Any answers.

02:30 PM Jan 30 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

No. and not because I had something against that religion. I appreciate people who take islam as their religion, but mine has made me really happy.

I´m catholic and I´m re-taking it after some years to be apart of it. Maybe because I was facing a phase of my life that everybody pass: Doing myself questions about who I am and what I want to do with my life, and my faith has been taking me in the way I believe it´s the most appropiate for me. Besides, media and news have made that people have left catholicism for the mistakes of some of the priest, nuns in sexual scandals, money scandals, etc, and it´s time to show the world that all catholics are not like this. Maybe I can not change the world, but one little effort of everybody can make amazing things.

02:47 PM Jan 30 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I would not, as I think that belief in gods is quite silly.

03:15 PM Jan 30 2009 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

compleatly agree with you, 3 of my grandparent nearly were killed by muslim because of being catholics.

really? why and when?

coz your reason is silly.. muslims live peacfully with christians and jews since the prophet Muhammed era.

09:36 PM Jan 30 2009 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

I would, but one thing's disturbing me, I'm afraid of circumcision. What am I to do?

come on! it is not a big deal Laughing

09:42 PM Jan 30 2009 |

medical

medical

Oman

believing in Allah and the judgment day make me very carefull about every word I say, every movement I do ang every second I waste and that make u good person with your self and with the others around u

believing in Allah makes me comfortable because I know that I am not alone and there is some one care about me and will never leave me . that helped me alot in the very hard time that I had faced.

I can't imagine how my life will be without islam

I do not understand why some people do their best just to splatter islam

07:46 AM Jan 31 2009 |