Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

2 questions and 2 requests

Kenith

Australia

Hello

Here are my 2 questions:
1) Can you tell me if there’s any difference between “cell phone” and “mobile phone”? are they the same or not? or maybe Americans tend to use “cell phone” while British and Australian people like “mobile phone”?

2) have you heard of a nutritional product called “usana”? It’s manufactured in US and is sold mainly by network marketing. Please tell me if it’s famous/popular in US or not. OR: have you heard of any scandals about that company and product?

and i have two requests:
1) can you set up a new column which teachs non-native speakers how to speak and write formal English? Or can you give me some web links?

2) I’m looking for a finance website/user group/forum/discussion board where top-level people make posts and discuss issues and i can ask/answer questions. It must be as good as slashdot.org for computer people. Please help!

Thank you so much!
Kenith

11:09 PM Oct 11 2002 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Kenith

Australia

I’m waiting for your answers to question 2-4…

thanks!
Kenith

12:44 AM Oct 17 2002 |

Kenith

Australia

oz. (she lives next door to me by the way, and i recommend this site to her)

I don’t want to insult anyone, but i don’t really like the way australians speak. when they speak, it’s like they are sucking something(i don’t need to articulate here, do i?) and it’s very hard to understand what they are talking about. women speak more clearly than men… i have no problem understanding americans and british people, but have great difficulty understanding their weird and totally disgusting accent!

Kenith

03:08 AM Oct 18 2002 |