Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Beauty

bankeis

bankeis

Nigeria

Beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder.some say to be beautiful you have to be pretty,slim etc what about those with extra flesh?  beauty to me radiates from inside.To me beauty plus brains is good gains.how about you what is beaty to you my friends?

05:53 PM Feb 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

hennoune

hennoune

Mauritania

hello bankeis,

beauty for me is to hope for others all the good things and to give everybody a smile ,in brief the beauty is the beauty of soul.

09:36 AM Feb 14 2008 |

Marwa

Egypt

I think beauty has to do much with the character, personality, and behaviour rather than the physical appearance

12:55 PM Feb 18 2008 |

cat m

cat m

China

Hey,i am agree with you.Beauty just a word,i don't care.Noboby is perpect.So i think smart and knowledge can make you are beautiful.
If you are beautiful.but how many years you can still keep on that.
You know in this webside,if you are not beautifl,then no one have interest to talk with you.

10:55 AM Mar 01 2008 |

sarah233

sarah233

China

yup,beauty is just the beauty of soul

11:02 AM Mar 01 2008 |

Las Verre

Las Verre

Indonesia

Beauty is depend on ourselves, if we believe that we are beauty, we are beauty but if we don't believe it, we aren't beauty. and always remember, every people in the world was born with beauty.Smile

11:05 AM Mar 01 2008 |

sanjuu

sanjuu

India

BEAUTY is concerned with the inner appearance ,but not with the outer appearance

for example, we say that 'she is beauty' just by seeing to them at once,but after knowing them what they are actually'our statement depends on their nature',that is if we like her nature,her character then we  say that is she is beauty,but if she is not good,though she looks good we can just say that "she is beauty"

i hope understand what i mean to say

07:12 AM Mar 09 2008 |

bankeis

bankeis

Nigeria

thank you friends for replying,i agree with you that beauty radiates from inside, once you believe you are beautiful,then you are,onces people see your inner beauty they wont mind your outer appearance and also no matter how one looks a good character helps too. stay cool.and be yourselves.keep smiling!

05:48 PM Mar 15 2008 |

latin-lover

Italy

...for me is my young sons' smile, a shining day, a holiday to the sea, a cute woman, a world of friends, a victory…..

07:57 PM Mar 15 2008 |

baokun

baokun

China

in my opinion beauty is  not means the pretty appearance but your  heart of you

if a man is kind to all people we can say he is a beauty man,

02:10 AM Mar 16 2008 |

davidlong98

China

but i think outer beauty has its own advantage,too.in ancient China has a beauty named xishi.she rescued her homeland.if shi is ugly,there will be some other dynasity.

05:19 AM Mar 16 2008 |